In addition to the large number of prizes and scholarships open to the wider student community, there are internal awards and scholarships intended specifically for HFBK's own students. In some cases, they comprise a substantial amount of money. These general HFBK awards and scholarships are also open to non-German students.
Specific support for non-German HFBK students
- Achievement grants are made available to non-German HFBK students by the Hamburg Ministry of Science, Research, and Equal Rights, and by the DAAD co-financed by Karl H. Ditze Stiftung. They consist of a grant of 450 euros monthly, lasting for up to one year.
- The DAAD prize for exceptional achievement by non-German students, a sum of 1.000 euros, is awarded to a non-German student for exceptional achievements and special cultural/political engagement.
- State funding for non-German students (»Examensstipendien des Studierendenwerks für ausländische Studierende«): International students in an exceptional state of financial hardship who are ineligible for a BAföG-allowance may be awarded funding from state resources for the completion of their studies.
- For German Education Support please read about BAföG.
- Eike Pockrandt
- Room:04b Wa
- Phone: +49 40 42 89 89-247